Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is not Palm Sunday.

I am not reading the Catechism cover to cover, I do not function that way. Instead I am reading a section then jumping to a different one, so I do not get stuck on one part of the book. So for today random section I asked my Batista, Alex, for a number between 1 and 10000. Alex picked 555, and 555 is about Jesus’ divine glory.

Since today I am only doing the sole cannon I am going to quote it directly.


“For a moment Jesus discloses his divine glory, confirming Peter's confession. He also reveals that he will have to go by the way of the cross at Jerusalem in order to "enter into his glory".295 Moses and Elijah had seen God's glory on the Mountain; the Law and the Prophets had announced the Messiah's sufferings.296 Christ's Passion is the will of the Father: the Son acts as God's servant;297 the cloud indicates the presence of the Holy Spirit. "The whole Trinity appeared: the Father in the voice; the Son in the man; the Spirit in the shining cloud."298” (The numbers are footnotes, if you wish to look them up google the catechism.)


I feel that this blog should not be written now. Instead it should be done on Palm Sunday, since that this is talking about how Jesus becomes divine. I find it frustrating that our language is unable to describe His glory. Since this talks about the precession into Jerusalem.


The last sentence is a quote from St. Thomas Aquinas. What would happen to someone that witnessed the entire Trinity? This is something that we are not able to describe; however, all can be explained with God. We do not need to this answer to the question, since we have is our Faith. When I parish hopefully, the Trinity is fully explained to me (with all the bread and wine I want).

Sorry for the lack of my updates, I had a lot on my plate this week. I have started my post for Sunday, and that is up around the 1000 word mark right now.

-Giles


If you are ever by Edmonds Community College and you need coffee may I recommend The Aloha Cafe. If Alex is there ask for my usual I you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment